MarcuS

"Хьюстон Рокетс": Межсезонье 2010

157 сообщений в этой теме

Ну и Адель ожидаемо шлет нахер мед.персонал и хочет заигрывать Яо больше (пусть и незначительно), причем все вот эти слова о том, что Яо не будет играть последние минуты - его явно не волнуют.

Сразу на клатче, когда только появилась инфа о максе в виде 24-ех минут, кто-то написал: пусть в игре с "ЛАЛ" или еще с кем-то при равном счете в клатче кто-то подойдет к Аделю и скажет, что он должен садить Яо. Пусть рискнет

Пожалуйта, авторизуйтесь или зарегистрируйтесь, чтобы увидеть image

/emoticons/default_smile.png" alt=":)" srcset="http://fantasynba.ru/uploads/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" width="20" height="20"> :)

/emoticons/default_smile.png" alt=":)" srcset="http://fantasynba.ru/uploads/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" width="20" height="20"> И не знаешь, радоваться здесь или горевать. Проклятие - оно и в Китае проклятие

Изменено пользователем Артем Панченко

Поделиться сообщением

Brooks unhappy he's not cashing in

Point guard wishes Rockets would extend contract to match his growing value to team

By JONATHAN FEIGEN

Copyright 2010 Houston Chronicle

Sept. 29, 2010, 12:04AM

AUSTIN — There was no sign of Aaron Brooks' familiar, easy smile. The wit as quick as his first step was gone. When discussing his contract Tuesday, Brooks found no humor.

Brooks had hoped his breakthrough season and status as the NBA's Most Improved Player award winner would prompt the Rockets to offer a contract extension. Instead, he said the Rockets' unwillingness to work on a new deal for beyond this season is "bothering" him.

"It's kind of stressful," Brooks said. "I was hoping we maybe could get something done this summer, but we couldn't, so I'm stuck in the position I'm in.

"I understand, but it's bothering me. It's the business of basketball. You have to take it like it is. I'm stuck with that."

Brooks' agent, Leon Rose, is scheduled to meet with general manager Daryl Morey today to discuss the situation, but he would not comment other to confirm the meeting.

Asked if he felt he deserves a contract extension, Brooks said, "Oh, no doubt. I deserve at least discussions."

The Rockets customarily have not considered contract extensions, other than for players still under their rookie contracts. They will pick up their options on the contracts of Courtney Lee, Chase Budinger and Jermaine Taylor later this month, waiting - as is their policy - for the deadline.

Last season, the Rockets picked up their option on Brooks' rookie-scale deal but let Luis Scola and Kyle Lowry become restricted free agents. This season, Brooks, Yao Ming, Shane Battier, Jared Jeffries and Chuck Hayes are in the final season of their contracts.

Brooks 10th in salary

The Rockets have not extended the contract of a veteran since trading for Tracy McGrady in 2004. With the NBA in the final season of its collective bargaining agreement with the players, Kevin Durant is the only player from Brooks' draft class to have received a contract extension.

"We're not doing extensions," Morey said. "Quite a few guys on the team are up for extensions. Just policy-wise, we're not doing it.

"Obviously, every player would want an extension. I don't blame them for that. All we can do is the best for the Rockets. They're doing the best for themselves. Make sure they know the reason we're doing it has nothing to do with how you value the player or anything like that. It's just we're trying to keep ourselves as flexible as possible going forward."

Brooks, who averaged 19.6 points and 5.3 assists last season, will earn $2,016,692 this season, ranking 10th among Rockets players. Depending on the rules of the next CBA, he would be a restricted free agent next summer if the Rockets make a qualifying offer.

"Every player gets his time to get his money," Morey said. "The money a player makes really doesn't always - I'd say more than half the time - correlate to anything bottom-line based. It correlates to when they became a free agent. It correlates to who else is a free agent when they became one. What was the market at that time?"

Lowry, Brooks' backup at the point, will earn $5.75 million this season in the first year of a four-year, $23.5 million deal.

"I'm happy for Kyle," Brooks said. "He's a great player, and I'm happy for him, but something could have been done. We could have discussed something, but I guess that's just the business of basketball."

'I'm a work in progress'

Asked if he felt he still had to prove himself, Brooks said, "I guess I do.

"I'm a work in progress. I'm not satisfied with myself. I've got a lot of work to do. For me, nothing has changed."

Yet while pledging that his approach and attitude will remain the same, Brooks openly lamented that his contract will, too.

Изменено пользователем Артем Панченко

Поделиться сообщением

"Сакраменто" все ближе и ближе

/emoticons/default_sad.png" alt=":(" srcset="http://fantasynba.ru/uploads/emoticons/sad@2x.png 2x" width="20" height="20">

Поделиться сообщением

Небольшое воспоминание, чтоли

/emoticons/default_smile.png" alt=":)" srcset="http://fantasynba.ru/uploads/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" width="20" height="20">

Изображение

Поделиться сообщением

Исходя из того, как ужасно выглядит Коби и как стрёмно играет Яо, первый матч сезона выиграют те, чей главный чел тупо будет меньше плужить

/emoticons/default_smile.png" alt=":)" srcset="http://fantasynba.ru/uploads/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" width="20" height="20">

Поделиться сообщением

Забавно, кстати. Лучший бек-ту-баскет большой в лиге забил два своих мяча "Шпорам".... после кривых и неуклюжих пик-н-роллов. Типа двигаться стал

Поделиться сообщением

Finally! Яо начал хорошо двигаться и моментально появился великолепный результат!

Ну и наш бенч сегодня зрителя порадовал безумно.

Поделиться сообщением

Ну и Кока-Скола более менее втягивается после спячки.

Поделиться сообщением

Когда даже не нужно слов

Не понял! А John - это совсем тупой значит?

/emoticons/default_rolleyes.gif" alt=":rolleyes:">

/emoticons/default_crazy.gif" alt=":crazy:">

Поделиться сообщением

/emoticons/default_laugh.gif" alt="ГЫ"> ГЫ

/emoticons/default_laugh.gif" alt="ГЫ">

Nothing personal

/emoticons/default_smile.png" alt=":)" srcset="http://fantasynba.ru/uploads/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" width="20" height="20"> My bad

/emoticons/default_pardon.gif" alt=":pardon:">

Поделиться сообщением

Да всё норм

/emoticons/default_laugh.gif" alt="ГЫ">

Поделиться сообщением

Да всё норм

Ну, у тебя да

/emoticons/default_smile.png" alt=":)" srcset="http://fantasynba.ru/uploads/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" width="20" height="20"> А вот у "ЛАЛ" вряд ли. Коби и Байнум не сыграют с нами в начале сезона, так что подпортили наш милый стартовый матч.

Как бы в УГ он не превратился

Поделиться сообщением

BEIJING — Shane Battier will rarely leave his hotel room, and when he does, he will need protection from the Rockets' security detail. His popularity in China does not allow him to move freely.

Battier, like many Rockets players, has endorsed Chinese shoes and apparel, made promotional visits to China and has been Yao Ming's teammate for five years. In China, Battier and other Rockets players have shined by orbiting in Yao's star power. If Yao's return to China is Beatlemania, Battier is at least Ringo.

"I walk through China with security guards and there are people grabbing at my shirt and ripping at my clothes," said Battier, who endorses Peak products and is on his eighth trip to China. "People find that hard to believe. I know I'm a good-looking guy, but even that story is a little bit unbelievable.

"It's mayhem, it really is. But it's funny. The people that go with me, we sit and laugh. The video footage every year, we sit back every year and think, 'This is crazy.' "

It is the Yao Ming bonus. Players who compete alongside Yao have a good chance of receiving an endorsement deal from one of the Chinese shoe and apparel companies. Those who don't make the team or wish to extend their careers overseas often find places in the China Basketball Association.

"It's all because of Yao," said Luis Scola, who endorses Anta products. "It's crazy. Until I came to the Rockets, I never thought about it. It was so out of my mind. I never thought it could be like that, but it happened."

Like Battier, Scola has seen the mania that comes with playing with Yao. He has made five promotional trips to China and spent much of a month in Beijing during the Olympics. His popularity in Beijing and Shanghai might be greater than in Buenos Aires and Houston.

Standing out in a crowd

"I was surprised the first couple of years," Scola said. "Now, I'm a little more used to it and I like it. I think it's a great opportunity to go there and interact with a lot of people, get a chance to know a lot of fans from a completely different world from us. It's been a lot of fun."

The popularity of NBA players, and particularly Rockets players, is so great that even during the Olympics when thousands of world-class athletes shared the Olympic village, Scola stood out to the fans and volunteers.

"The Olympics were the weird thing," he said. "They were just crazy for basketball players, especially the Rockets players. We could barely walk through the Olympic village. The other athletes were saying, 'Who the hell are these guys? Why are people rioting?' Nobody understands why they knew me. At the beginning, I didn't understand why they knew me. I found out."

Last season Kyle Lowry joined Battier and Scola among Rockets players with Chinese shoe deals and made an eight-city, 15-day tour this summer.

Shoes made by Anta, Peak and Li Ning are not available in the United States, though Peak has opened an office in Los Angeles and plans to eventually hit the American marketplace.

They began those efforts by recruiting rookie Patrick Patterson during the summer league and signing him as their first Peak America spokesman. Patterson is making his first trip to China this week, but it will not be his last.

"I plan on it," Patterson said. "Whenever they want me to, I told them I'll go there and do whatever they want me to do, as soon as possible in my schedule."

Even blog a big hit

For now, he will simply wear the shoes, cashing in on the Yao connection before playing his first NBA game.

"Not too many players go through this league and have their own signature shoe," Battier said. "I don't care if it is another country. I have my own shoe. It's one of the best experiences I've had in the NBA.

"I wrote a blog for Peak. It went over the 120 million reader mark last year. When I hear those sorts of things, I think to myself, it's pretty crazy. At the same time, it's pretty cool."

Поделиться сообщением

Гость
Эта тема закрыта для публикации сообщений.